Bray Hockey Club is happy to announce our intention to launch our Junior High Performance Training Programme.
This programme is targeted at boys and girls from 1st Year to 4th Year who have aspirations to play at Senior Division 1, EYHL, Regional and International level in the future.
The programme will be led by Nasir Munir Chaudhry, our Junior Coaching Director and a Level 4 FIH High Performance Hockey Coach. The training will focus on the technical and tactical requirements to play hockey at a high level in a player’s preferred position. Details as follows:
- The programme will start in October 2023 and run until the end of February 2024, with a Christmas break in between.
- Players will receive a one hour training session each week, which will take place in Templecarrig School Greystones on either Tuesday or Thursday evening, from 7-8pm.
- There will be an annual cost of €120 to join the programme, to cover the pitch and coaching costs. This works out at just over €6 per session.
- There will be a maximum of 40 places on the programme.
- We cannot guarantee your preferred training night but will do our best.
- If we are over-subscribed we will create a waiting list. If we do not receive enough interest we will look at an alternative approach.
- Parents should ensure players are not exceeding the recommended guideline of a maximum of 6 on pitch hockey sessions per week.
You can express interest in the programme here, by Wednesday the 20th September at the latest.