Dear Members of Bray Hockey Club,
In accordance with Bray Hockey Club's Constitution, notice is hereby given of the 2022/23 season end AGM which will take place on Monday 22nd May 2023 at 19:30 in The Boardroom in Bray Golf Club.
The Club Constitution is available on the resource page of BrayHockeyClub.ie.
Any proposed motions must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org to later than 19:30 on Tuesday 16th May 2023.
A notification regarding committee nominations will follow separately.
Please do direct any queries to Club Secretary (Sarah Finnegan) via Bray.Hockey@gmail.com.
Club Secretary, on behalf of BHC Committee
EXTRACT FROM BRAY HOCKEY CLUB CONSITUTION REGARDING AGM:
16. The Annual General Meeting of the Club shall be held on a date to be fixed by the Committee in the month of May in each year, of which each member shall receive at least ten days’ notice. Any motion a member wishes to be submitted to be considered for the Agenda at the Annual General Meeting must be sent in writing to reach the Club Secretary five (5) days prior to the AGM so that it may appear on the Agenda being sent to each member.
17. The following business shall be transacted at the Annual General Meeting.
(a) The minutes of the last Annual General Meeting, and of any extraordinary meeting held
during the year, shall be read
(b) The reports of the President, Club Captains, Junior Representative, and Honorary
Treasurer shall be read
(c) Election of Honorary Officers
(d) Election of Honorary Auditor who shall not necessarily be a member of the club
(e) Election of Honorary Members
(f) Motions of which written notice shall have been given to the Club Secretary within the
time stated above.
(g) General Business
18. Fifteen members shall form a quorum at the Annual General Meeting. All matters other than those motions under paragraph 16 (c), (d), (e) and (f) shall be decided by a simple majority. The President or his/her deputy shall have, in addition to his/her ordinary vote, a casting vote.
19. The Officers of the Club, fully paid up-to-date Ordinary members and Honorary Members shall alone have the right to vote at the Annual General Meeting.
20. The accounts of the Club shall close by 30th April of each playing season and the Honorary Treasurer’s accounts of the Club’s finances, submitted to the Annual General Meeting.